Last Modified: 21st May 2018
Should we ask you to provide specific information by which you can be identified when using this website and our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- The personal information we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- Using your personal information
- Transferring data internationally
- How long your personal information will be kept
- Cookies and analytics
- Email policy
- Links to other websites
- Information from elsewhere
- Public information & third-party sites
- Controlling your personal information and opting out
- Business transfers
The personal information we collect
We collect information from you, such as name, address, email address and phone number, when you subscribe to our newsletters or purchase from us. This information helps us provide the most relevant experience and if you're a customer enables us to provide a personalised shopping experience.
When you use our website, we collect information about how you use the site. This helps us to make our website easier to use and the content more useful.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, entry & exit points and number of page views)
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email address, and telephone number)
4. Information about how you interact with our emails (including opens, clicks and preference information)
5. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Using Your Personal Information
If you sign up for marketing, we'll use your information to make that marketing relevant. If you sign up to hear more about our services, we'll use your information to keep you up to date with our services and provide more details. Information about your use of our website will help us make the website better.
We won't sell or rent information about you.
Also, we may disclose information about you:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
3. To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Transferring data Internationally
Some of the companies we work with are based outside the EEA which means they have more lenient data protection laws. We only work with companies who we trust to keep your information safe, and we share the minimum amount of information necessary to provide our services.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. The processing of your information will be conducted in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long your personal information will be kept
In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as are providing you with the services for or to comply with our legal obligations, enforce the terms of our contracts, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
Cookies and analytics
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We send emails to customers and subscribers. You control what communications you receive and can unsubscribe from marketing at any time by using the link in the email received. Customers will still receive important information, alerts and notices relating to the products of Broman.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Information from elsewhere
Broman may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioural data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant platform features or services (e.g. social media data of end-users allowing you to send more relevant content) or provide more relevant marketing and content to you.
Public information & third-party sites
The Broman Shaving website includes social media features (either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website), which may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting. The feature may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to Broman via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Further, any comments or information you supply on any blog that Broman operates can be read, used or collected by anyone. If your information appears on our blog pages and you want it removed, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlling your personal information and opting out
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- To opt out of any email communications from us, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the top of the email in question for immediate removal from further communications or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.